Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Recap 12/21

Saturday: 

We spent pretty much the entire day finishing up our shopping list. We hit the mall, various stores, and basically ran all over the city. Kyra was a trooper through the whole thing. It was actually a lot of fun since we were just playing it by ear and weren't on the hunt for anything too specific. 

That night we decided to go to Christmas in the Park which is a massive light display. What we didn't know was that the wait was going to be LONG. Like....2.5 hours long.....

Thankfully Kyra slept the whole time until we finally reached the display and then we woke her up and drove through. She loved every minute. She was so happy to see all the pretty lights and to tell me all the colors. She saw Santa and the reindeer and loved pointing out all the elves and waving to them. 

I have exactly 0 pictures of this. Sometimes you just have to put the phone down and live in the moment. I'm so happy that I did because it was an amazing time. 


Sunday: 

My grandmother had her Christmas celebration yesterday morning. She likes to have Christmas brunch which I think everyone enjoys because Hello? Pancakes? Bacon? It was delicious. 

We all got to visit and Kyra was her adorable self winning everyone over and then she was super happy with her gifts which I know made everyone happy. She is finally old enough to really understand the whole present thing and that makes this year even more fun. 

It was the first Christmas without my grandfather but I think he was there in spirit. I know he was smiling down on us in any case because we were all together laughing and being a family. That's exactly what he would have wanted. 



So there's the weekend recap. Only 4 days until Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Kimmi. I couldn't agree more about sometimes needing to put the phone down and just live, laugh, and love with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting down the phone was hard this year because Teh German's mom asked for photos of Christmas since it was his first Christmas away from home. I was barely on the computer at all and I only checked FB no more than 2x a day, which is a lot for me. SO I was intentional about using my phone when I did use it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts