Thursday, December 10, 2015

Favorite Christmas Reads

Good Morning,

It's kind of a book theme this week isn't it? 

I just thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite reads for getting into the Christmas mood. Yes these are children's book but I'm a firm believe that a truly great book is great because it appeals to all ages. 

Here we go: 

Twas the Night Before Christmas- A classic and always a fun read. It's beautiful and timeless. 

196970

Rocking Horse Christmas-My mom bought me this book years ago and it still makes me cry. It's a wonderful story about imagination, growing up, and things coming full circle.
 269007


Santa's Snow Cat-  This is story about his snowy white kitty gets lost and searches to find her Santa.
 853711
Cajun Night Before Christmas- A twist on the classic this book is just hilarious to read. I remember reading it to the group of fourth graders that I was a teaching assistant for when I was in high school. So much fun.
 910399



McDuff's New Friend- I believe that McDuff has his own series but this is the one that I know best. McDuff the white puppy keeps hearing noises outside and when he goes to investigate he finds Santa's sleigh stuck in the snow!
 1018278


The Snow Bear- A story about a little Polar bear that gets separated from his mother. All the other animals gather to help him create a snow bear to keep him company until she finds him again.  
 1660484



The Polar Express- I wasn't overly fond of the movie adaptation of this one but the book is still considered a classic.
 420282


 How The Grinch Stole Christmas- I love Dr. Suess. I love the whimsical worlds and I love the life lessons. "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store....maybe Christmas perhaps....means a little bit more."

113946


A Christmas Carol- I have many many editions of this story. I love reading it every year. Slightly creepy. Very moving. It will always have a home on my shelf. 

5338




What are some of your favorite Christmas Stories? Any of these you plan to check out? 


Happy Thursday Everyone.





1 comment:

  1. I'm not really into Christmas books but I am intrigued by cajun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts