Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Troubles with Meal Planning

Good Morning Everyone!


Another post that is a little bit late today but that is just the way life goes sometimes!

Today I am going to be telling you about my troubles with meal planning.


I know that meal planning is essential for living on a budget. I know that it would make my life ten times easier when shopping for groceries. However it in itself is a real pain in the @&$!

The trouble is, my husband is a picky eater.

Oh I know what you are going to say, all husbands are that way, but hear me out.

My husband is a meat and potatoes guy. That is nothing out of the ordinary. However he is pretty much ONLY a meat and potatoes guy.

Here is a smallish list of things he won't eat.

Condiments - No ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce or any other flavoring type thing
Greens except for green beans which are the only greens I hate
Fish
Any pasta with a white sauce
Any sauce that has any other flavor other than MEAT
Any sauce that has chucks of tomato in it
Anything with spice
Dressing- he doesn't eat salad anyhow....
Onions
Peppers

And a WHOLE lot more.

So you see the problem?

It is so hard to try and plan a meal for us when he doesn't eat much in the way of healthy items. I know I could make two meals but doesn't that defeat the purpose of saving money? Also I feel SO guilty when I pick up healthier more expensive items when I am the only one going to eat them...

So what do you all think? Do you have suggestions for what I could make?  Any of you have husbands that are this picky? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts