Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween last night and got lots and lots of treats! 

It is strange that October is already over and now it is November...this year has gone so quickly and now with only two months left....it is very strange that 2015 is right around the corner! 

Last month I did #Blogtober and having only missed three days out of 31 I felt pretty awesome! It was great to have so many published posts on the blog, I got to find A LOT more blogs to follow and it is super awesome that some of you even chose to follow along with me.

Now today begins a new challenge. 

Today marks Day 1 of NaNoWriMo. 


For those that might not know that is National Novel Writing Month. You have the next thirty days to write 50,000 words, the length of most novels. (For those that must know that is about 1667 words per day)  It is an intense exercise in writing and it takes some serious dedication and determination to make your word count. 

This will be my third time competing. The first time I completed the challenge I was elated. Nothing came of the story except some really good ideas....which I had hoped to implement into my next story in my second NaNoWriMo challenge. However I found out at that time that I was expecting Kyra so writing took a back burner to my general excitement at being a new mom. Last year I didn't even attempt it because I had a five month old and being a new mom was a major change in my life. It took a while before I got into any kind of rhythm that let me have a little time to blog let alone work on actual writing. 

However this year I am ready again. Kyra is able to sit and play on her own for at least fifteen minutes at a time and I plan to make use of those fifteen minutes and nap times for my writing. 

That means that a few chores will go undone during the day and I will have to make up for them later but...this is worth it. 

If you are new to the challenge I want you to chant this to yourself the entire month: 

IT IS WORTH IT. 

I know it seems crazy. It seems like a massive amount of words for one month, but you can do this. You can write an entire novel in a month. It will be messy, it won't make complete sense, there will be plot holes and contradictions, but it will be written. That is the thing you must remember. Writers write...it's not perfect all the time....but if you are a writer...you write. 

So cheers to you all that are taking on the challenge and know I am going to be right there along with you; Fueled with WAY too many cups of coffee, staying up all hours of the night working in the dark, and fretting over characters that I love. 

Ready? Let's do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts