Confessions: Mommy Edition

Good Morning Everyone, 

In light of this Sunday being Mother's Day I thought I would share some of my "Mommy Confessions" with you today! 

I confess that I had NO CLUE what I was getting into when I became a Mommy. Seriously I thought so many things and believed I would do so many things....I was utterly clueless. 


I confess that there are days when I legit feel like I am a Mommy to both my husband and my daughter. It's like once you become Mommy EVERYONE expects you to do EVERYTHING.

I confess that when people give me unsolicited parenting advice (strangers!) that I immediately go to resting bitch face.

I confess that I was really excited when I found out we were having a girl but honestly I felt that we were going to the whole time. I never told anyone that I had just had a feeling about a month in that it was going to be a girl. 

I confess that breastfeeding was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life...and I never felt like more of a failure than when I couldn't make it work and we had to switch to formula because she wasn't getting enough to eat. 



I confess that I have totally eaten the leftover chicken nuggets from lunchtime, while standing at the sink in the kitchen, with the secrecy and speed of a secret agent. 

I confess I also have to be a ninja when it comes to smuggling broken crayons into the trash. Hell has no fury like a kiddo spotting you throwing something of theirs out! 

I confess that for all my faults, for all the moments of insecurity or fatigue, being a Mommy is the absolute best thing in the world for me. I love Kyra more than I ever thought was possible and though I'm not a perfect Mommy...I'm a damn good one! 

Happy Wednesday Everyone, Be sure to join the linkup! 


#Hashtaghumpday @ Life with Lolo

Making Melissa

1 comments:

  1. sometimes I feel like a mom to everyone (my dog and my boyfriend) and I don't even have kids. That's hard enough as it is, so kudos to you and all the moms out there!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Home Ads

Tags

Advertisement

Instagram

Popular Posts