Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What I Read: March 2018

When Dimple Met  Rishi by Sandhya Menon- I so wanted to like this. I love silly romance and I love YA but I just couldn't get into this one. For one I really hated Dimple. She was just this back and forth and back and forth and really judgmental while screaming about being judged and I thought we were going to get more of her as a strong female character but she just fell flat for me. Rishi was likable enough but I felt like he was getting the raw end of the deal because he kept trying and Dimple kept being just meh. I know so many who loved this and honestly am bummed that I didn't. 
28458598


I Heart My Little A-Holes by Karen Alpert- I don't know how I stumbled upon this but I did and as a currently very pregnant person I was interested in reading something "mom" related. This book was pretty hilarious and it was nice to see a mom that was okay talking about the less glamorous parts of being a mom. Sometimes it is super hard and while you wouldn't change a thing it isn't Instagram perfection around here like....ever. I enjoyed this one but if you aren't a mom or into reading "mommy blog" style stuff give it a pass.
18693390

I want my Epidural Back: Adventures in Mediocre Parenting by Karen Alpert- I picked this one up because I really did enjoy the first however this one was just more repeat of the first one and felt like she just threw some blog posts into a book and published it. It repeated a lot of the first book and just didn't have the humor this time around to keep it going. I actually didn't finish it.
25817690


Books on Deck:

One of Us is Lying- I am so hooked but trying to savor this one! So far it's amazing.
The Rules of Magic- Again trying to savor it.
Thunderhead- Audio book that I'm trying to listen to but am kind of saving for my road trip next week!
Life According to Steph

8 comments:

  1. I've seen a few similar reviews for the first book- people wanted to love it but didn't :( Sucks when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw bummer about When Dimple Met Rishi, i loved it. glad you are enjoying One of Us is Lying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked When Dimple Me Rishi, but Dimple was a bit annoying so I can see how that would throw you off. I'm glad you are loving One of Us Is Lying; I really want to read that one soon. Also - Thunderhead! LOVED Scythe.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had similar feelings on Dimple, and I really wanted to love her, but she flip flopped on so many things and was written so inconsistent. I know she is supposed to be a teen, but I expected more from her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Heart My Little A-Holes is my favorite title for a parenting book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished One Of Us Is Lying! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked When Dimple Met Rishi, but mostly for the points that the author made through the characters. Rishi said some really cool things about "the American Dream" which I just loved. It was a little juvenile, but I enjoyed it. I definitely liked Rishi more than Dimple. :) I really want to read One of Us Is Lying! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts