Thursday, August 29, 2013

The day the Dryer Died

 My dryer died.

 It all started with the dryer making a really loud banging noise. My handy husband went down to work on it and spent the better part of the day trying to figure out what was wrong and what was making the banging noise. I mean this was crazy loud. Something was loose or of center or something. It actually sounded a lot like when you put tennis shoes in there...however I was not drying shoes, just normal clothes so you can see the problem.

After much turmoil, some swearing, and I think a little bit of appliance abuse, the thing finally gave up the ghost. 

This is actually kind of hilarious since two weeks ago I gave our spare washer and dryer to my little brother for his new apartment. Of course once you give away your backup that is when you need it! I mean seriously I had been hanging on to those for over a year since they were gifted to me and were in really good condition. Still the ones I had were in good condition so I didn't even think twice about giving them up when my little brother needed them! That, my friends, is what you get for being nice! LOL.

Thankfully the city wide garage sales are next weekend. So I will be out there on the hunt for a cheap dryer. Also a changing table....I really think it is time to get a proper one and not just change Kyra on the bed all the time....but I am super picky so who knows if I will find one that I like!

Also my dishwasher is possessed. It gets stuck in random places and I have to give it encouragement to get moving again. Ugh the appliances are turning on me!

Now I'm off to try and get a few things done before Kyra wakes up. She had a rough night with the teething.  Poor baby she is so frustrated and hurting and I feel awful that I can't do more for her. For now all we can do is be armed with Baby Orajel, teething rings, Baby Tylenol, and lots of snuggles and kisses from Mommy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts