Monday, August 12, 2013

First Last Day


So today I headed back into work. This is my first last day.

You see this week is my last week working. I’ve decided that I am going to be a Stay at Home Mom. It was not an easy decision and it has been an ongoing process but I know it is the right choice for me and my family. I have nothing against those that choose to work; everyone has a different home life and different priorities and obligations. This is just what is going to work best for us.

So this week is my last week at work. I agreed to come in and help out since this is the first week of school and that means that there will be a lot of chaos and a lot of last minute items that will come up and need to be handled. It will just make it easier on everyone in the office if I am there to help with the phones and random questions that will come up. I felt like I needed to be here this week because I really am going to miss everyone and I know they need the extra help this week. They have been so awesome to work with and this whole leaving thing is really bittersweet.

It feels really strange knowing it will be my last couple days here, but at the same time I am really missing Kyra while I am working. I don’t like leaving her, even though she is perfectly safe and being watched by my dad.

Still I miss her.

Getting up this morning and getting ready was a rush, trying to be somewhere on time when you have a baby takes real practice and I have been lucky enough to not have to be anywhere any specific time except the doctor and I just plan on being there an hour early. Work was a different story. I got up and get myself going while Kyra slept and then had to load up my little one and all her necessary items and get her to my parents’ house. It was a bit of an undertaking but thankfully she slept right through it. Of course I had been up since three am with her having to feed and rock her back to sleep. Then I had to pump to make sure I would not explode while at work today. I am glad that this won’t be something I have to do every day.

In other news:

I plan to be a lot more active on the blog now that I will be staying home. Hopefully during nap times I can get on here and post about the adventures that are sure to take place now that I will be caring for Miss Kyra full time! Also I will begin to post about my journey to lose the baby weight. I know I gained 30 pounds during the pregnancy and when I left the hospital I had lost 15 of those pounds. I am not sure where I am right now but I do know that my goal is to be back in my size 14s by Christmas. I am currently an 18 thanks to the stretched out post baby belly, but I don’t really mind. I feel so very blessed to have my little girl that I am just grateful to my body that it carried her. I don’t mind the stretch marks even. Each one is a sign that my body did its job. I do want to fit into smaller clothes and I do want to tighten the muscles back up but I have to say, after having a baby I have a new appreciate for my body, but that is for a whole other post!

Huggles! And here is an adorable baby pic from Kyra's first photoshoot this past weekend!


                                      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts