Tuesday, August 21, 2012

“You can do anything, but not everything"




I am feeling like myself once again, a weekend of journaling and rest really helped a lot. Hopefully there won’t be any more posts like the other day for a while.
I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself. I am one of those “if you want something done right do it yourself” type people. So much in fact that I usually become completely overwhelmed and put myself into a paralyzed “what do I do?!” state. Here’s a sample of my journal from a few days ago:

“I really need to clean the house again; nothing is in the right place. I still need to workout though and get a meal plan in place. He wants to spend the day out today and I have no idea where I want to go. I never know where to go. I hate going out when I feel so huge. Nothing fits right anymore. I really should just go workout right now, or maybe do the dishes since the stupid dishwasher sucks, but I’m already exhausted from my ten hour day and he wants to spend time together. If we are going out I really should be getting ready and trying to look nicer for him. I cannot turn into a frumpy wife.” 

See what I mean? I am crazy. 

The fact is I have to stop doing this to myself. I need to pick one thing and stick with it and stop feeling bad about the other things. I need to start prioritizing my goals. Some things are okay to put off and some are not. Some things just need to be scheduled so that they fit my lifestyle so my lovely husband already knows that that particular time is meant for working out. Then he won’t feel left out or ignored and he can actually plan something he wants to do.
Also…and I hate to admit this…but sometimes it is okay to ask him to help out. Yes I want to be the super wife, but I know my guy won’t mind at all if I ask him to help me. I just never do because I want to show him that I am awesome and can handle it…hah!
Also I found this on Pinterest and about died…it’s the truth! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts