Friday, September 14, 2012

A day in the Life....

 As per usual I am late to the party.....I meant to do this days ago but I have no camera or means of posting pictures and rather thought it would lack something without them.... :( sad to say the pictures never happened but I really wanted to do the post....So here it is...a day in the life of me....(also a picture I actually did have on the ancient computer...one of our engagement photos!!! )


A day in the life:
At 4 am the alarm goes off for B to get up and head to work. This is usually the point in my day where my decision making begins. Get up and get a workout in…or sleep for another hour? Sometimes the workout wins, sometimes sleep wins. This morning was sleep. 
5:30 rolls around and I wake up to the pups wanting to be let outside. I drag myself out of bed and put Brian out on the chain and stand around waiting for Kiya to finish up because I am deadly afraid something will snatch her up if I don’t stand there. She’s only about 6 pounds so I worry, she’s my baby! Brian is a big boy and I pity the critter that tries to take him on. He has “issues” sometimes! 
After the pups are let out and fed and watered it’s time for makeup and clothes. This usually takes only about 15 minutes if I have been good and put out my outfit for the day. Weekday makeup is usually boring except for my eye shadow. I will occasionally go for the muted flesh tone colors but rarely. I prefer purple….or blue and green. I like the little bit of bright color, especially to go with the purple contacts I wear.
After getting ready and gathering everything I need, lunch, purse, etc…I gather up the dogs and head out of the house. 
I drop the pups off at my parents’ house. They live in the country and it means Brian gets to spend the day outside and Kiya gets to spend the day with my mom’s little dogs in the house. It’s my own puppy daycare! I stand around and talk with my parents for a bit and then head to work. 
I work for a school district so I really can’t say too much about my job. I like it a lot but it can be stressful and by the time I have pulled a nine to ten hour shift I am beat. 
Flash to 5pm, time to stop by and pick up the pups and visit with my parents for a moment before heading back home. I am tired but I try to come home and get in a workout. My sweet husband takes care of dinner most nights and I clean up and try to get some writing or reading done for the day. 
Around 9pm I am usually half asleep on the couch and B tells me I should head for bed. I have no idea how he makes it that long since he is the one getting up at 4! By 10pm it is lights out and I have either an audio book going or a disc of “Friends” reruns. Some sort of noise to help me sleep, it’s a habit I picked up in college when I moved from the country and into town. I can sleep to frogs and crickets..but not to the sounds of the town. But once I’m out…I’m out! Then amazing two seconds later it is 4am and we get to start the whole thing over again!
linkup
 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you said that sometimes the work out wins and sometimes the sleep wins. :) And I don't know how your hubby lives on less of 6 hours of sleep... I would be the meanest person in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts