Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Productivity

Yesterday was a rough day.
Work was crazy and I was tired from the long weekend of having everyone over. I told my husband that once I got home I would not be doing anything. I was taking the night off.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
I got home and suddenly I had a burst of energy. I am blaming in on the fact that I did a quick five minute toning workout at work on my break. When I got home I just wanted to get things done. The house was already really clean since we had done the major stuff last week in prep for company but I wanted to keep it up and do the little things that add up to big results. AKA laundry and dishes and junk like that.
So once I got home I set about making dinner and doing the dishes. After dinner was done my husband requested brownies, so I baked brownies and started laundry. Then it was time to do a little “Me” type stuff, so I did a face mask and painted my nails. Then it was time for more laundry. That kept going until I was all caught up for the week! I also got in another workout and my shower, plus pre made my lunch and breakfast for today!
Wanna know what time I got to bed after all this productivity??
10pm. Normal bed time!
So why is it yesterday I got so much done in the same amount of time that I normally cannot get anything done?
I think the afternoon mini workout really got me going, the energy boost and just the feeling good that I did something, even a small something, to better my health and move myself toward my goals. (Also my quads are so sore right now…I am so proud!)
Part of it was motivation, I wanted so badly for my house to stay pretty and clean and I needed to get all my work clothes cleaned and pressed for the week. (I had no choice I was out of options…) and part of it was just determination. I set myself to the task of getting these things done and I did. However I didn’t fill the time with negative thoughts like “Laundry sucks” or “Brownies are the devil!” I did have a brownie and it was fabulous, but then I had other stuff to do so I didn’t have time to sit there and dwell on the fact that I am trying to lose weight and brownies are not health food. Negative thoughts are not allowed anymore! 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts