Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Uninspired and Overwhelmed


Lately I just have been short on blog ideas. I guess I just don’t have too much to say. I am working out when I can…and I am trying to eat better as well. I’ve been logging everything on Myfitnesspal. I’ve been doing the September Squat Challenge…but none of it really seems to be something to write about. 
 
I feel a little lost in the blog world lately. I loved my old blog dearly and I had followers and it was well established…going on three years’ worth of work. I miss the work I put into it…and I was really depressed about losing my blog to the virus and to evil spammers that filled it with muck so I had to close it down completely. 
 
I’m not really sure what type of blogger to be now. I am trying to get healthy but I am also trying to set up my life as a new wife. I am trying to learn to be a better cook, trying to learn to sew and crochet, and trying to figure out just how to balance my life and my new job. 
 
I feel like I am missing the tools to be a really great blogger. 
 
1)      I don’t have a camera, my husband does but it doesn’t work with our dinosaur of a computer. 
 
2)      My phone is an old slider that takes the worst pictures ever and I can email them to myself anyhow. No smart phone for me!
 
3)      I live a pretty quiet life. I don’t go on many wild adventures and when I do I am usually too wrapped up in them to take proper pictures. I do write everything down but I usually forget to post it on the blog in a timely fashion.
 
4)      I have no idea what this blog is going to be. Usually I have an outline of what I am working on. All my stories have nice bullet pointed lists…my blog does not. 
 
5)      I feel bad trying to promote myself. I hate Facebook and really only keep it around for my friends that are overseas. I don’t like going to other blogs and asking people to follow me and I also don’t like to leave generic comments, I usually won’t say anything at all if I can’t think of something that will add to the conversation. I do not Twitter. 
 
6)      I am feeling completely uninspired by my blog right now. 
 
Starting from scratch has proved to be really difficult for me. I have continued to follow other bloggers from their very small beginnings to being complete success stories. I have watched as others have passed me by in becoming amazing writers and amazing people. I feel like I am pretty much the same old me…weight and all. 
 
I don’t mean for this to sound like a pity party…and honestly the only other person besides me reading this will probably be the lovely Holly who has a fantastic blog and family and never fails to make me smile when I read her blog. So I feel pretty bad that I am posting a post like this…but it’s what is on my mind and in my heart right now. I’m not sure if I should continue the blog, or just be a blog reader. 
 
Okay, sad post is now over…I will go off and try to have a better rest of the day….

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, lady! I felt the same way for at least a year. Be sure to visit other blogs and leave comments so people will come over to your blog.

    You can blog about different recipes you tried, what you did over the weekend, how fitness pal is working for you, etc.

    It does suck not having a camera-- I feel you on that. I use my phone, but that doesn't sound like an option for you either.

    I see a lot of people just use images off the internet... You could do that!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts