Monday, July 30, 2012

We’re All A Little Mad Here-


So two weeks ago I started the Insanity Program. Just in case you do not know the Insanity workout is hosted by Shaun T. and he is evil. However the workout is sound and I know some people that have had some really amazing results with it so I decided to give it a go and up the ante on my workouts. Well actually anything would be upping the ante as I haven’t had a proper workout since before the wedding and trust me the scale let me know. Anyhow I love cardio and I like it when a workout feels like a workout and I want the suffering to be short and sweet. Thirty to forty minutes isn’t much to give really…unless it is the last hour of a work day before an extended holiday weekend in which case it is an eternity. So Insanity won me over in the fact that it would be short, intense, and I would not need anything but my own person to accomplish the task. 
Today was The Fit Test second go around, and all I have to say is…ouch. I did okay by my own personal standards and was sweating buckets by the end of the 26 minutes. It was beyond intense but did give me a good measure of where I am and some serious hopes for where I might be in sixty days. I snapped a shot post workout just to give you an idea of how awesomely awful it was! 


Yes that is mascara running down my face, I workout after work and had no idea that I would sweat to the point that my whole face would go running down my cheeks. But I’m kind of proud of it too…I mean no one can deny that I worked my butt off! Now the plan is to stick with this program for the next sixty days, I don’t plan on each blog post being a recap of my workout during that time, as that would most likely get pretty tedious, but I do want to occasionally check in and maybe even do a before and after type thing once the whole thing is said and done…or progress pictures as I go along…it all depends on what I actually remember to do!  

1 comment:

  1. You are so hardcore. I can't even think about Insanity. Is it expensive? I'm still doing c25k and thinking about giving the 30 Day Shred another try. I hope you're staying strong this week.

    Your last comment about your mascara made me laugh. I always feel like Ursela, Little Mermaids step mom, after I run. :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts