Tuesday, May 8, 2018

What I Read: April 2018 Edition




The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman- This is the prequel to Practical Magic and I have to say I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than that one. Though I think I would enjoy that one more if I wasn't so in love with the movie. This book focuses on the Aunts and honestly I loved every minute finding out more about them and their lives before Sally and Jillian. This book was so much fun to read and honestly just fascinating. If you are at all into Practical Magic either the movie or the book then you should definitely check this one out. 
34037113


One of Us is Lying by Karen M McManus- I heard so many great things about this one and I have to say I was not disappointed. I actually did keep putting it down so that I could take my time finishing and it kept me guessing until the end. Great read. (I want to write so much about this but I don't want to spoil it and honestly that would be super easy to do and I don't want to ruin it!) 
32571395


The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth- Another book that showed up on my holds list that I don't remember putting there but I am so happy it did! This was a light and quick read and while at times predictable it was still so very good. The love story was sweet. The story between the 3 generations of women was amazing. Lots of baby stuff and some of it could be tough for those that are squeamish or have never given birth before. Still it's a great read. 
21853678


What have you been reading this month? Be sure to join the linkup! 



Life According to Steph

11 comments:

  1. One of Us is Lying has been on my TBR forever. Probably need to let that surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of Us is Lying was great. I figured it out in the beginning but I still liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of Us Is Lying is so good!! I would go see the movie adaptation for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, first I feel better knowing that I'm not the only who has hold books come in that they don't remember requesting. :D I loved the movie Practical Magic and didn't know until recently that it was a book first. I've been hesitant to read the book, however, because the movie is beloved to me, but I am really interested in reading The Rules of Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, glad you liked one of us is lying! i have the rules of magic on my list, i am on the fence about practical magic because i love the movie so much (like tanya, didn't know it was a book until years after i saw the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved The Rules of Magic and learning more about the aunts.

    Also loved One of Us is Lying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope to read One of Us Is Lying soon!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of us is Lying seems to be everywhere these days- added it to my list last week and hope to get to it soon! I'm so happy it hasn't been spoiled for me yet haha but I want to get to it before I hear something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOUIS is on my TBR, but I have to hassle my library into getting it! Loved the Midwives book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Rules of Magic or Practical Magic yet. I did read One of Us is Lying and The Secret Lives of Midwives. Can't wait to read Sally Hepworth's new one The Family Next Door.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Call the Midwife,s o I am looking into The Secrets of Midwives. :) I want to read One of Us Is Lying! XO - ALexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts