Monday, July 30, 2012

Hotter Than Hades

The Post title is a phrase my mom has adapted for this scorching heat! I’ve been dealing with the heat just like everyone else lately…by hiding inside and watching movies and/or reading blogs! I do not deal with the heat well. I would be perfectly happy in sweaters and jeans for the rest of eternity with crisp fall air or even nice fluffy snow. I love the cold. My parents keep it 62 degrees in the house and that used to suit me just fine. 
 
Now living with my husband and paying my our own utility bills we keep it at about 70ish….or at least we had been trying to. We had noticed that it wasn’t very cool in the house lately but dismissed it as just the way it is when the heat is at over 100. However yesterday it became crystal clear that it was too hot in the house. We were sitting around doing nothing and yet sweating. TOO HOT. Also the electric bill came the other day and it was outrageous. We knew it would be high, but this was ridiculous. 
 
So my husband called the landlord to have him come fix the A/C, and hopefully that will actually happen…I have my own opinions about things getting fixed around our place but I will keep them to myself…Anyhow. My husband suggested just turning the unit off until we got it fixed and using fans to keep cool. Um…ick. I slept with an ice pack last night kids. Literally I had an ice pack curled up with me as I lay in bed watching the hours tick by in the miserable sticky hot. I did not complain however since I knew that the dear husband couldn’t do anything about the weather, but trust me I was not a happy camper and continued to be an unhappy one as I got ready for work this morning. Getting dressed in work slacks and trying to put on makeup when the humidity is pressing down on you is overwhelming. However I sucked it up and got to work, thankful that I am now on 8 hour days again or I would never have made it out in time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts