Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Crazy

Today I am going to share a little story with you about how the holidays have clearly made me insane.

Let's just dive right in shall we?

It's Wednesday afternoon and my husband has come home early from work so that we can get the last of the gifts we need for Christmas. We load up Kyra and head out into the oh so wonderful world of retail. Right off I know this trip isn't going to be a fun one. I am already feeling slightly overwhelmed wondering what to get and my husband is expecting me to take the lead, something I hate.

Let me explain this clearly, I DO NOT LIKE TO BE IN CHARGE. I am indecisive and non confrontational. I don't like to walk around by myself and I LOATHE when he is pushing the cart and makes me walk in front. He says this is so he doesn't lose me because I am short and he can't find me. I calmly explain to him to look for the only Hawaiian girl in flip flops in a Missouri December. I may not like to be in charge but sarcasm is my second language. 

Anyhow we do some shopping and slowly things are beginning to fall apart. Kyra is fussy and I am tired and getting more and more moody as he keeps expecting me to take over.

Finally we are in the craft store and not trying to give stuff away but we are working on some DIY presents for people. However I am having a hard time picturing what I want to do. I blame Pinterest for setting the bar too high and blame fate for not giving me the artistic gene that EVERYONE in my family has. Anyhow I have a full on MELTDOWN.

Here is a sample of the run on sentence that was my meltdown: We don't have enough time for this, that is not how I pictured it, I don't know what to do my idea isn't working, I have no talent, why won't you let me do things my way!

See? Meltdown.

However this wasn't to be the only meltdown. Oh no. Then I managed to hit SAVE instead of SCHEDULE on my blog so my posts did not post this week. If that wasn't enough I got no comments on the post that did go up and so I cried. Yep cried.

Oh and then I had a MAJOR panic attack when I could not find my iPad and proceeded to have a panic attack on the phone with both my brothers, my mom, and my husband. I found it, but for fifteen minutes I was full out crazy. Not cute.

I am not sure when this happened to me.....I am happy 99.9% of the time. I am normally a low stress person with happy thoughts, but for some reason this holiday season I have gone off the rails on the crazy train with Ozzy.

So now I am going to go and fix myself a cup of cocoa and try to not think about the fact that not one present is wrapped and that this weekend I am hosting family at my house....cue the crazy!


  
(card brought to you by FoxyBlunt.com) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts