Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Cheers and Tears

It's New Year's Eve Eve everyone!


Miss Kyra is asleep so I have just about a half hour to get a post up and try to tidy my house up so this will be quick but hopefully meaningful!

2013....Thank you. Thank you so much. This past year has been a year of ups and downs and miracles and wonderfulness. I cannot express my gratitude for this past year, but I can make a list!

Tears...

1) We lost our friend Steve this year. It was sudden and heartbreaking. He will be missed so much. We love you Steve!



2) We also lost my Great Uncle just a couple weeks ago. This one was less sudden but still very sad. He is in a better place however and with both of his brothers now.
 

Cheers!

1) My momma was diagnosed with breast cancer. She underwent treatment and now is cancer free! Every day I count my blessings for that. Have you ever seen the Family Stone? My mom is the family stone. She is our rock. She is the little voice inside me when I make big decisions. She's some kind of wonderful!

2) My husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. It is hard to believe how fast that year went but sure enough on May 12 we celebrated one year as husband and wife! We also celebrated being together for ten years! We still love one another so much and I am so very lucky.


3) Ten years since high school. WOW.

4) In 2013 I started to really figure out who I am and what I want out of life. I hope to do more of this in the 2014!

5) My biggest cheer. My biggest joy. I gave birth to a perfect baby girl on June 5th. Kyra Nicole Uilani you are the reason I was put on this Earth, of that I am sure. Your smile makes my heart full. I cannot believe how amazing you are or how much being a mom would mean to me. You are my life baby girl. Always.




So there is my Cheers and Tears for 2013. Thankfully far less Tears than Cheers this year than last! Tomorrow be on the lookout for my Goals for 2014 (not resolutions, I suck at resolutions...So instead they are GOALS!) and then it will be 2014! Officially Day One (again) !

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it has been some year for you and your family. That is incredibly heartwarming about your mother's cancer! My father also has cancer, but it isn't curable. Thank God for medical advances and better medicine though. Your daughter is beautiful, love her name too! Cheers to a stellar 2014 for you :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts