Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Q&A and Dr. Appt. Update:



So today we had our Doctor’s appointment and my husband went with me so we could hear the baby’s heartbeat together. I thought I was going to have an ultrasound this time but apparently my doctor won’t do one until I am further along….like at 19 weeks! So I was a little bummed we didn’t get to see the little one yet but we did hear a very fast heartbeat after the doctor got done chasing the little one all around my womb. So far we just heard one heartbeat (twins run in the family) so we believe it is just one little one in there!
Here’s a little Q&A based on all the questions everyone has asked since we announced our news! I thought it might be fun to share in case anyone out there reading was interested!
How far along are you?
As of Today I am 11 weeks and 3 days

When is your due date?
My due date is June 19th, 2013

Have you had any morning sickness?
Yes, minimal but yes I have had it. Although when my mom was pregnant with me she actually found out because she went to the doctor thinking she was dying. She couldn’t keep anything down and felt awful. She was so relieved when the doctor told her she was just pregnant!
I spend a lot of time nauseas however, even if I don’t get physically sick, I still feel icky and I have had one or two bouts with vertigo. Also I sleep A LOT. We are talking 10-11 hours here…this is excessive for someone who normally operates on 4-6….

Are you going to continue to work after the baby is born?
As of right now, yes, I still plan on working after…but that might change.
Have you started wearing maternity clothes or gained any weight?
I am in my “fat” clothes that I hadn’t gotten rid of yet. I am only one size up and I haven’t gained anything according to the scale at the doctor’s office. My doctor actually asked if I was eating and keeping food down. That is a resounding YES. But apparently the baby needs the extra I’ve been eating; which is fine by me! I did buy a belly band however and I love that thing!

Are you showing yet? When can we see pictures?
I am not showing, no. There is a little firmness but other than my normal little belly pouch there is no extra bump that I can see yet.

Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?
Yes, we are going to have a gender reveal party actually and I am really excited about it!

Were you surprised when you got a positive pregnancy test?
Yes we were, Very much so! However I had a slight suspicion when I didn’t get my “friend” on time. I am never late, like not ever. So when it had been four days with no sign of anything…not even any PMS…I thought it was time to buy that little pink box.

Had you guys been trying?
No, we had been planning to wait to really try once we had been married a year, but fate had other ideas it seems! 

Did you tell your husband in any special way? Ha! No. I was shocked to see the little plus sign appear…I actually took another one right then to be sure and then walked out to the living room and told my husband that we were going to be parents while holding two sticks in my hand. He was surprised, I was surprised…and it took a few days before we stopped wandering around in shock. (Full Disclosure: I took another test the next morning just to check again!)
Do you want a boy or girl?
Either is just fine by us…but I think that my husband really wants a son to carry on the family name since he and his brother are the last two.

Do you have names picked out?
I have a few names I am toying around with…my husband has one in particular that he really likes, but the names are going to be kept under wraps until the big day!

Are you going to follow an eating plan? Any Cravings?
Not so much. Mostly I am just listening to my body’s signals. This means I eat like eight times a day, very small portions otherwise I get sick. Also no real cravings yet, but I do think about Chocolate Milk  and Cocoa a lot…I try to not go overboard with these but they are so amazing once I have gotten my hands on them! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts