Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Me VS Monday


Monday Morning was hell, just plain hell. 
It started just okay, the night before had not been all that great because I have a hell hound living with me. Check out what my horrible dog did while we had dinner at my parents’ house on Sunday…


 See? She is evil. 
Somehow she managed to escape her kennel, destroy a box in the garage, destroy a bale of cotton (yes I have a bale of cotton in my garage), and then managed to get her way into the house and tore the carpet off the stairs for the second time in 6 months. Luckily she didn’t get all the way upstairs because if she had eaten my couch….well it would not have been pretty. 
So my wonderful husband decided that now this particular pup is going to be an outside dog when we are at work. He rigged up a nice run for her in the back yard with some heavy duty chain. It looked nice and she would have plenty of room. My parents had a spare dog house and so she was going to be all set up, and safely out of my house. 
This morning I put her out while I was trying to get ready for work. She somehow managed to break the chain (bent it straight actually) and free herself from one of the stakes in the ground. She then decided to yank all the nearby trees down into the yard, and also managed to stretch the chain so that she could get all the way from the back yard to the front door where she decided to torment the other dogs by barking at the window. All of this happened in the span of about twenty minutes. She really is a hell hound. 
So finally I get her back in the kennel, reinforce it with some heavy duty carabineer clips, and try to get ready, but by now I am already emotionally shot after not having slept well. (My back is aching and the baby was really active all night, plus I hate stupid daylight savings) So I am near tears over the whole thing, thinking that this particular pup may be in need of a different home because I cannot give her the attention that apparently she needs since I am pregnant and she is a pretty big dog, I am terrified of her knocking me down the stairs. However I feel horribly guilty even thinking that since the poor thing was dumped, starving to death, out at my parents’ house and I took her in because I felt so bad for her. Honestly she is a real sweet dog, just very much a puppy. It’s going to take some time to get her through this stage…I just hope my house survives it. 
I finally leave the house and text work to let them know I will be late. I am starving by now and my husband suggested I just pick something up so I head to a certain common eating establishment to pick up breakfast. I decide that what I really need is a little caffeine. Call me a bad mom if you want to but I wanted just a little coffee. So I order a small iced mocha, it was my favorite treat before getting pregnant and I just needed a pick me up and feel better. 

So I order and once my stuff arrives the girl at the window says this, “Um you know pregnant women aren’t supposed to have coffee right?” 
I will say I am not proud of my obviously hormonal response but here is what I said, “Um are you a doctor? No you work at (insert name here). Please just take my money and give me my damn coffee.” 
Not real nice, and it was said in my very meanest and snarkiest voice. Again I am not proud, but damn my morning has sucked and then some person has the nerve to say something like this to me. My own doctor told me that a little caffeine was just fine, so long as I am not downing a soft drink an hour. Plus my own mom drank coffee throughout her pregnancies and we all were fine.  
Anyhow I finally make it in to work, my wonderful coworkers helped me laugh it off and the day started to get better. Also my outfit was cute, my mom bought me two new maternity tops over the weekend and I felt really cute and pregnant in them and despite my little fit of tears my mascara held up and I still looked put together even if I didn’t  feel very put together. It’s the little things that you have to appreciate! 

Hope everyone else had a better Monday than me! Here's to a happier Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts