Monday, February 18, 2013

Big 'Ol UPDATE Post

So I've been MIA for almost a month now.

Lots has happened lately and blogging has taken a back seat to everything. However the urge to write has called again and so I am back today on my paid holiday to update all of you out there.

First the heavy stuff-

1) My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. This was a shock and a very rough thing to deal with. Normally I would not have brought this up on the blog. I mean despite the fact I write about my life for all to see some things are just meant to be private. However this is a huge thing in my life and it is something that I just can't "not" talk about. Mom has had two surgeries and things are looking very optimistic. We will know more tomorrow about what the future holds but for now, we just keep swimming!

2) My boss lost his son very suddenly. Things at work have been very intense and sad. He is still dealing with this loss and we are all just trying to be supportive. However the loss of a child is something that I can't even fathom so all I try to do is be supportive. Please keep him in your thoughts. His son was only 28 (my age) and leaves behind a wife and 8 month old daughter. Again please keep him in your thoughts.

Okay now on to lighter things. I just wanted you all to know what was going on and why I haven't been around or commenting.

Pregnancy update stuff-

1) I am 22 weeks! Here's a picture of the bump!!



I have gained a total of 6 pounds so far! (Thanks morning sickness and flu!) Honestly I am slightly pleased with this number because I was terrified I would let myself go all out and get just HUGE. Thankfully I have tried to make good choices with food and I try to walk every day.  Though my boobs are still threatening to take over....not to get TMI but seriously...I have gone up two cup sizes! I wasn't a small girl to begin with so...yeah. Of course my husband is happy...so I guess there is always an upside.

I have another appointment next week to see how Baby K is coming along but right now things are good. I am finally at the point where I don't feel sick all the time and the bump is coming in nicely and everyone is really starting to notice that there is a baby on the way!

My husband was gone last weekend and when he got home he saw me and said, "Wow, you look pregnant!" I just laughed and asked him if he thought I'd been making it up the whole time!

Now I'm being informed however that it is time for me to start my registry and get ready for the baby shower! Being a new mom I have no idea what it is that I really need so if any of you moms out there have advice I would really love to know what you think is completely necessary and what is something I don't need at all. I openly welcome advice at this point!!!!

Okay that about sums up everything for now. Hopefully I can get my other post ideas shaped up and in line for the rest of the week.

Quick question- Would anyone be interested in a makeup post? I am kind of a makeup addicted gal and I have been watching these "Get Ready with me" videos and thought that might be something fun. Anyone have an interest??? Just let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates


Categories

Contact Me

Chaosandcocoa@gmail.com

Instagram

NaNoWriMo

Popular Posts